By Lisa Hertzberg, LifeSmarts Program Director
As I shoveled 17 inches of snow over the weekend and watched four-foot icicles form off my roof, it was nice to think that in just over two months we’ll be convening in sunny southern California for the National LifeSmarts Championship.
As the weather starts to heat up, competition is heating up, too. We’ve crowned about half of our state champion teams, and teams from Oklahoma to New York will be competing between now and March 30 to round out the field.
National Competition Checklist
As state champion coaches and students begin planning for nationals, here is a checklist to help you prepare:
1. Send NCL photos of your team competing at state to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
2. Make hotel reservations
3. Send your state champion form to NCL (this was in the packet you received from your state coordinator when you won the state competition).
4. Send your activity form to NCL to reserve tickets to Universal Studios for the afternoon of May 2 (this was also in the packet from your state coordinator).
5. Warm up with the 200-question All Topics TeamSmarts quiz available now through March 31. MA and NY coaches will use this as a pre-competition before their state competitions. All other coaches can request the passcode from their state coordinator.
6. Coaches, mark your calendars to join the LifeSmarts staff for a coach conference call on March 31 or April 5 (the same information will be covered on both calls, plan to join us for one of them).
8. Pack your sunscreen and swimsuit. Flip flops are optional on the pool deck!
Watch this blog for more news about nationals. Updates will be posted
twice a week.
Good luck and see you all at the National Championship!